Leakage Inspection



– Quickly check, know exactly where the gas leak is to handle
– Saving more with:
(1) Reduce time and manpower for leakage detection
(2) Reduced loss costs caused by gas leakage
(3) Estimates the amount of the loss, allowing to evaluate and calculate the work efficiency in money.


– The manager of the maintenance department, person in charge of gas pipeline of the plant.
– The manager wants to implement compressed air energy saving program for the plant


– According to the US Department of Energy, a single 1/8 inch (or about 3 mm) leak in the compressed air line can cause losses of up to US $ 2,500 per year. The agency also estimates that on average a plant in the United States that is not well maintained can waste 20% of its total compressed air production, a figure in countries where the other region spends 30% to 50% higher. . In Vietnam, according to our RCMI statistics, this figure is about 20-42%.

– Gas leakage leads to losses such as: (1) Capital cost (2) Repair, replacement (3) Shutdown of equipment (4) quality related issues and increased cost of maintenance. On the other hand, to compensate for the amount of pressure lost due to air leaks, need the investment in a larger compressor or operating under load significantly. It leads to increase the cost of capital and the cost of energy wasted.

Compressed air leaks can also cause the unit operated by compressed air to fail due to low system pressure, which leads to production delays, unexpected shutdowns, quality problems, and reduced service life. equipment, increased maintenance.

Scope of work

Step 1: Determine the test area and equipment beforing doing job

Step 2: Take a photo of the sound wave to locate the leak location

Step 3: Analyze location and result of gas leak

Step 4: Report the location of the leak and estimate the loss to money

Fluke ii910